Legendary reggae vocalist in Norwich
COLIN WILSON The legendary Horace Andy, one of Jamaica's most distinguished and beloved vocalists plays the UEA, Norwich, this Friday night.
The legendary Horace Andy, one of Jamaica's most distinguished and beloved vocalists plays the UEA, Norwich, this Friday night (9pm-1am).
Horace Andy is blessed with one of the most distinctive voices on the island of Jamaica and his emotive delivery just adds further weight to his reputation.
His classic recordings from the 70s remain crucial listening, while his more recent work with trip-hop heroes Massive Attack has introduced the singer to an entire new generation of devoted fans. Andy's work has been of such consistently high calibre over the years that there's never been a time when he wasn't releasing exceptional records.
Support comes from Rebel Lion and Foundation Sound DJs.
The night is presented by Dedbeat.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 3 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 4 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 5 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 6 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 7 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 8 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
Tickets at £15 in advance are available in Norwich from UEA Union, Waterfront, Soundclash and HMV. Credit card bookings visit www.ueaticktbookings.co.uk or call 01603 508050.