Legally Blonde among new shows for Norwich Theatre Royal
West End and Broadway sensation Legally Blonde is part of the winter line-up of new shows announced by Norwich Theatre Royal today.
The Olivier Award-winning show - based on the hit movie starring Reese Witherspoon - is coming to Norwich from February 28 to March 10 next year. It tells the story of college sweetheart Elle Woods who is dumped by her boyfriend for someone more serious, and so she puts down her credit cards, picks up the books and heads for Harvard Law School accompanied by her Chihuahua, Bruiser.
Also appearing at the theatre is seventies boy band The Osmond Brothers who will take to the stage in March.
Matthew Bourne's Nutcracker will also visit Norwich on its 20th anniversary tour in March, while the Moscow City Ballet will present a lavish production of Romeo and Juliet in February. The Richard Alston Dance Company will also be returning in February. Christmas comes early with Alan Ayckbourn's classic festive comedy Season's Greetings in September, and The Ukrainian National Opera of Kharkiv will join forces with noted impresario Ellen Kent to present two lavish productions early in 2011 - Verdi's La Traviata and Madama Butterfly.
The stage version of JB Priestley's classic thriller An Inspector Calls is also part of the line-up, and the past will be brought to life with two Horrible Histories shows - The Terrible Tudors and The Vile Victorians.
You may also want to watch:
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'For plenty of Stateside sassy sparkle, you can't beat Legally Blonde and we are really excited to welcome the West End and Broadway smash here to the city. Add in a host of favourite productions including Matthew Bourne's Nutcracker and An Inspector Calls and a host of top international performers and it shows that the highest calibre entertainment and performance in the Olympic year of 2012 won't just be confined to the UK's sports arenas.'
• For more information about these and more shows and when you can book tickets call 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park