New Channel 4 sitcom Lee and Dean to feature Great Yarmouth’s famous Snail Ride
- Credit: C4
The Golden Mile at Great Yarmouth and the town's famous Snail Ride will star in new Channel 4 sitcom Lee and Dean - watch the pair ride the emotional -and actual - rollercoaster that is the Snails
Great Yarmouth's famous Snail Ride has a starring role in new Channel 4 sitcom Lee and Dean and the town's Golden Mile is a backdrop to the action, too.
The mockumentary-style show introduces builders Lee (played by Miles Chapman) and Dean (Mark O'Sullivan) who have been inseparable since school - they live together, run a building company together and live together. And everything is wonderful until Lee falls in love with Nikki and Dean's nose is put well and truly out of joint.
The pair are seen in a recently-released clip from the show enjoying (well, kind of) a day out in Great Yarmouth, including a visit to a ride which has long-since been a Norfolk dweller's rite of passage: the snails.
Created by Chapman, O'Sullivan and Sam Underwood, the mockumentary sitcom focuses on two dodgy builders in what Channel 4 describe as 'an improvised, unconventional and wholly original comedy set in Stevenage which centres around builder best mates Lee and Dean.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a story of cheap builds, cheap lager, bark rubbing, break ups and bad poetry, but at the heart of it lies the heat-warming bromance between Lee and Dean.'
Scenes for the series were shot in Great Yarmouth last May 17 and a casting company looked for extras to take on various roles in a spa scene.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
* Lee and Dean begins on Channel 4 on March 30 at 10pm.