Leading guitarist at Christmas Jam
CELIA WIGG Acclaimed guitarist Robbie McIntosh will be appearing at this year's Christmas Jam at the Corn Hall, in Diss.
Acclaimed guitarist Robbie McIntosh will be appearing at this year's Christmas Jam at the Corn Hall, in Diss.
Widely recognised as the "musicians' musician" and a sought-after session guitarist, he was a member of The Pretenders when they were one of the world's biggest bands. On leaving, he was quickly snapped up by Paul McCartney for a five-year stint before concentrating on his solo career, and has just finished a tour with grammy award-winner Norah Jones.
Now in its fourth year, the Christmas Jam is organised by Denny Newman, landlord of the Railway Tavern at Mellis, near Diss. He will be appearing with his own band The Regulars, with featured pianist Max Middleton, and will be performing their long-awaited CD Sleepwalking with you.
Special guests are Brett Marvin and the Thunderbolts who first surfaced on the music scene in the mid-1960s. A six-piece band from the Crawley area, their unique instrumentation includes electric ironing board, zob stick, wash board and kazoo.
The jam takes place at 7.30pm on Saturday, December 10, and includes The Gourami, who rocked the rafters at the Diss tsunami concert earlier this year.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
Tickets cost £12, available from the Mellis Railway Tavern and Revolution Records in Diss.
Call 01379 783416 for more details.