Launch party marks final countdown to Norwich Sound and Vision
- Credit: Norwich Arts Lab
The final countdown has begun for Norwich Sound and Vision 2016, after a special launch party was held as a curtain raiser to the annual music and media festival.
Norwich Arts Centre hosted the launch event on Monday where people were given a taste of what is in store for this year's festival which will run from Thursday, October 13 until Saturday, October 15. They were also treated to the sounds of four local music acts - Cabrakid, No Holy Men, Maya Law, and Sink Ya Teeth.
Norwich Sound and Vision director Adrian Cooke said there was lots to look forward this year.
'It's lucky seven because it's our seventh year. It's another year of a really strong music line-up and hopefully some fascinating discussion. We are carrying on what we do best, which is to inspire, educate and entertain.'
More than 50 acts will perform at venues across the city during this year's Norwich Sound & Vision. There is also a conference putting a spotlight on working in the music, radio, TV, film and multi-media industries.
You may also want to watch:
For more about the festival and to book tickets, visit www.norwichsoundandvision.co.uk
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 5 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit