Launch party marks final countdown to Norwich Sound and Vision
- Credit: Norwich Arts Lab
The final countdown has begun for Norwich Sound and Vision 2016, after a special launch party was held as a curtain raiser to the annual music and media festival.
Norwich Arts Centre hosted the launch event on Monday where people were given a taste of what is in store for this year's festival which will run from Thursday, October 13 until Saturday, October 15. They were also treated to the sounds of four local music acts - Cabrakid, No Holy Men, Maya Law, and Sink Ya Teeth.
Norwich Sound and Vision director Adrian Cooke said there was lots to look forward this year.
'It's lucky seven because it's our seventh year. It's another year of a really strong music line-up and hopefully some fascinating discussion. We are carrying on what we do best, which is to inspire, educate and entertain.'
More than 50 acts will perform at venues across the city during this year's Norwich Sound & Vision. There is also a conference putting a spotlight on working in the music, radio, TV, film and multi-media industries.
You may also want to watch:
For more about the festival and to book tickets, visit www.norwichsoundandvision.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 10 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital