Latitude review: Sean Lock
- Credit: PA
Channel Four's Eight Out of Ten Cats has made Sean Lock a household name in the comedy world and in Latitude's Comedy Arena he lived up to his reputation.
Blunt, rude and with an act full of classic gags, Lock entertained a packed-out crowd earlier this evening.
Fans were treated to stories of how he once had a job writing horoscopes for The Big Issue, his dislike of Geordie TV hosts Ant and Dec and comparing getting drunk and ending up with a hangover to being the same as a moth flying repeatedly into a light bulb.
He also struck a chord with many of the parents in the audience when revealing he had brought his three children with him, thinking how much of a 'cool' parent he was. There were plenty of knowing laughs from the audience when he groaned at what a mistake it had been.
However, overall Lock's routine seemed to lack a bit of spark and there were times when some of his jokes didn't provoke all-round laughter.
Lock found solace in celebrity TV show Strictly Come Dancing, saying: 'If you don't like my jokes than the next you'll hear of me will be Bruce Forsythe saying, next we have Sean and Natalya dancing the pasodoble.'
Perhaps it was a late-afternoon lull on a very hot day but the audience didn't seem to respond to Lock in quite the way I expected.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 3 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 4 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 5 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 6 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 7 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 8 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 9 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 10 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
There was still plenty of good laughs to be enjoyed though.