Lewis Capaldi announced as Latitude Festival 2021 headliner
- Credit: PA
Singer-songwriter Lewis Capaldi and indie-pop band Bastille have been announced as headliners for Latitude Festival 2021.
The organisers of Latitude, which takes place in Henham Park near Southwold, have revealed the first three names on next summer’s bill.
The 2021 festival will run from Thursday, July 22 to Sunday, July 25 and it is a week later than normal so it falls within the summer holidays.
The first line-up announcement coincides with when the 2020 event would have gone ahead, but they were forced to cancel in April due to coronavirus.
Lewis Capaldi, who won two BRIT Awards in 2020 for best new artist and song of the year for ‘Someone You Loved’, will headline the Obelisk Arena on Friday night.
The Scottish singer will play hits from his debut album Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent, which spent 10 weeks at number one, and he is currently working on its follow-up.
Bastille, who were named British breakthrough act at the 2014 Brit Awards, will headline on Saturday night and play their back catalogue of hits including Pompeii and Of the Night.
You may also want to watch:
Snow Patrol had been scheduled to perform on Sunday afternoon at the 2020 festival, after they had to cancel in 2019, but as coronavirus meant they couldn’t perform they will take the same slot in 2021.
Melvin Benn, the managing director of Festival Republic, which runs Latitude, said: “There was no question that it was the right thing to cancel and now we can really begin to plan for next year.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
“We are hoping with Snow Patrol it will be third time lucky and we also owe a debt of gratitude to them as they were the first headliner to say yes at our first Latitude in 2006.
“Bastille are a great night out and cross over various demographics that come to Latitude and Lewis Capaldi is one of the biggest acts in the UK at the moment - we had wanted to get him in 2020 but he was intending to be in America.”
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Monday, July 20 at ticketmaster.co.uk/latitude