King's Lynn Fiction Festival
SUE SKINNER Leading lights of the literary world have been lined up for the annual King's Lynn Fiction Festival.
Leading lights of the literary world have been lined up for the annual King's Lynn Fiction Festival.
Renowned American/Irish writer JP Donleavy will be joined by a clutch of award-winners, including Marina Warner, DJ Taylor from Norwich, Romesh Gunasekera and newcomer Carol Birch.
Dame Beryl Bainbridge will be returning to the festival accompanied by Ann Harries, who has written books set in the era of the Boer War in South Africa.
You may also want to watch:
Ronald Blythe, author of Akenfield, the famous chronicle of an English village, is also among the participants.
The 18th festival, which will be based at Lynn Town Hall, runs from Friday March 10 until Sunday March 12.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
JP Donleavy, author of 11 books, including The Ginger Man, will be appearing on the Saturday night, reading from his books and talking with Christopher Bigsby, professor of American studies at the University of East Anglia and the director of the Arthur Miller Centre.
The annual discussion with the writers' panel, which will wind up the weekend's programme on the Sunday afternoon, will examine the state of publishing.
Tickets are available from festival chairman Tony Ellis at Hawkins solicitors in Lynn's Tuesday Market Place (01553 691661), on 01553 761919 out-of-office hours or at the door.
Further information on www.lynnlitfests.com