King's Lynn Fiction Festival
SUE SKINNER Leading lights of the literary world have been lined up for the annual King's Lynn Fiction Festival.
Leading lights of the literary world have been lined up for the annual King's Lynn Fiction Festival.
Renowned American/Irish writer JP Donleavy will be joined by a clutch of award-winners, including Marina Warner, DJ Taylor from Norwich, Romesh Gunasekera and newcomer Carol Birch.
Dame Beryl Bainbridge will be returning to the festival accompanied by Ann Harries, who has written books set in the era of the Boer War in South Africa.
Ronald Blythe, author of Akenfield, the famous chronicle of an English village, is also among the participants.
The 18th festival, which will be based at Lynn Town Hall, runs from Friday March 10 until Sunday March 12.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
JP Donleavy, author of 11 books, including The Ginger Man, will be appearing on the Saturday night, reading from his books and talking with Christopher Bigsby, professor of American studies at the University of East Anglia and the director of the Arthur Miller Centre.
The annual discussion with the writers' panel, which will wind up the weekend's programme on the Sunday afternoon, will examine the state of publishing.
Tickets are available from festival chairman Tony Ellis at Hawkins solicitors in Lynn's Tuesday Market Place (01553 691661), on 01553 761919 out-of-office hours or at the door.
Further information on www.lynnlitfests.com