King's Lynn Festival Chorus
ALISON CROOSE King's Lynn Corn Exchange
> King's Lynn Corn Exchange
Inspirational choral director Michael Kibblewhite transported the chorus and their audience on a voyage of delight to Italy with a programme encompassing favourite operatic music. Works by Puccini and Rossini are no pushover for amateur voices, but such is Mr Kibblewhite's skill, leadership and enthusiasm, he coaxed the chorus of more than 100 voices to new heights of achievement.
The complex Kyrie and Gloria from Puccini's Messa di Gloria, Verdi's Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves and Donizetti's Chorus of the Wedding Guests were handled with expertise and assurance. There was authentic Italian involvement when soprano Annika Kaschenz, from Tuscany, accompanied by Francesco Attesti captivated the audience with an excerpt from Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutte and Habanera from Bizet's Carmen.
You may also want to watch:
Two members of the chorus played anvils while the choir had fun with Verdi's Anvil Chorus and a triumphant concert concluded with a lively performance of Kyrie and Cum Sancto Spiritu from Rossini's Petite Messe Solennelle.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 8 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear