Kerrang! rock and punk tour at the UEA
Colin WilsonThe Kerrang! Relentless Energy Drink Tour 2009, featuring Mindless Self Indulgence, Bring Me the Horizon, Black Tide, In Case of Fire and Dir En Grey, comes Norwich UEA on Wednesday.Colin Wilson
The Kerrang! Relentless Energy Drink Tour 2009, featuring Mindless Self Indulgence, Bring Me the Horizon, Black Tide, In Case of Fire and Dir En Grey, comes Norwich UEA on Wednesday (7.30pm).
Headlining the tour are electronic/punk rock band Mindless Self Indulgence who return to the UK after a sold-out tour in 2008. One of the biggest bands in America they have topped Billboard Singles and MySpace charts alike.
Bring Me the Horizon are five young British lads with a penchant for the heavy. 2006 became the year of the Horizon. First they won Best British Newcomers at the Kerrang! Awards, toured with Lostprophets and had an amazing set at Download and released their debut LP, Count Your Blessings. Suicide Season, their second album, was released in September 2008.
Miami-based, Motley Crue-inspired band Black Tide exploded on the scene in August with their anthem Shout. The youngest band on the tour, they are making such an impression that even Radio 1 has playlisted the band on its daytime schedule.
Northern Irish Band In Case of Fire had a great 2008, touring with Funeral for a Friend and releasing the single This Time We Stand.
The line-up is completed by Japan's finest rock outfit Dir En Grey. With a dedicated international fan base Dir En Grey have toured through Asia, Europe and North America and have transcended the language barrier through their music.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
t 01603 508050 (�14.68adv) UEA Students' Union, Waterfront, Soundclash and www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk