Justin Bieber helps Norfolk street artist to one million Instagram likes
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A street artist from Loddon has added Justin Bieber to his fanclub after the star was snapped with his painting in London.
The popstar shared a shot on Instagram yesterday of him standing in front of a John Lennon mural painted by David Nash and it has already received over one million likes.
Mr Nash, 41, from Loddon created the piece in Camden two years ago and didn't expect it to last so long.
The artist, who paints under the tag of Gnasher, said: 'A photographer friend tagged me in Justin's image and I couldn't believe it, apparently it's part of the Camden tourism route too.
'I haven't received any recognition yet, but that's okay, it's still pretty cool.'
The owner of the wall now wants Mr Nash to repaint the portrait - which over the years has been covered in tags - so he can preserve it with a Perspex cover.
You may also want to watch:
He is hoping to recreate the Lennon mural within the next two weeks.
The graffiti artist was also the man behind the portrait of fictional Norfolk DJ Alan Partridge, which was painted on the wall of the Hollywood cinema in Anglia Square and has painted images in Norwich of Rik Myall and Robin Williams after their deaths.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
•See more of David Nash's murals at www.gnashermurals.com/