Justin Bieber helps Norfolk street artist to one million Instagram likes
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A street artist from Loddon has added Justin Bieber to his fanclub after the star was snapped with his painting in London.
The popstar shared a shot on Instagram yesterday of him standing in front of a John Lennon mural painted by David Nash and it has already received over one million likes.
Mr Nash, 41, from Loddon created the piece in Camden two years ago and didn't expect it to last so long.
The artist, who paints under the tag of Gnasher, said: 'A photographer friend tagged me in Justin's image and I couldn't believe it, apparently it's part of the Camden tourism route too.
'I haven't received any recognition yet, but that's okay, it's still pretty cool.'
The owner of the wall now wants Mr Nash to repaint the portrait - which over the years has been covered in tags - so he can preserve it with a Perspex cover.
He is hoping to recreate the Lennon mural within the next two weeks.
The graffiti artist was also the man behind the portrait of fictional Norfolk DJ Alan Partridge, which was painted on the wall of the Hollywood cinema in Anglia Square and has painted images in Norwich of Rik Myall and Robin Williams after their deaths.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 4 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 8 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 9 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 10 Mercedes owner clocked doing 113mph on A47 escapes driving ban
•See more of David Nash's murals at www.gnashermurals.com/