Norfolk restaurant launches Slimming World-friendly takeaway service
- Credit: Archant
From sweet chilli beef to burgers, you can now enjoy a guilt-free takeaway in front of the telly thanks to a Norfolk restaurant.
Jules Kitchen opened Red Lion Street in Aylsham in October 2018 after relocating from the Alby Service Station on the A140 Cromer Road which first opened in 2013.
For the last six years, owner Jules Crook, 55, from Ingworth has been serving Slimming World-friendly meals, alongside the regular menu, which are syn-free or low-syn and next to dishes it is marked with zero or low.
Mrs Crook decided to open Jules Kitchen in Aylsham as she lives close by and the Slimming World classes are "really popular" in the town and she works alongside her daughter Chelsea.
Among the diet-friendly dishes offered in the restaurant include the Chub Club breakfast, which include toast, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans, and a daily specials menu with dishes such as beef chilli and jacket potato, diet pepsi chicken and rice and lasagne.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Crook launched her 'Skinnie Kitchen' takeaway service on June 18 as a lot of Slimming World members already come in and she wanted them to be able to enjoy the dishes at home.
Mrs Crook said: "The reaction has been really good and it is really nice to go home and pop something in the microwave which has all been home-cooked and has Hex A and B values.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
"I have been going to Slimming world on and off for a few years and I went back there in January and am now doing every day and it has been positive.
"We have a lot of ladies from Slimming World in here but also a lot of men too."
The homemade meals can be ordered by phone and collected on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays and she is starting with a small selection of mains and sides.
The menu is posted on the Jules Kitchen Facebook page and dishes include a homemade burger with wedges and salad, stuffed mushrooms with veggie sausage and sweet chilli beef and noodles.
Mrs Crook has worked in catering since she left school and she previously worked at the Wine Press in Guildhall Hill in Norwich, which is now The Wine Cellar, and she has also done private catering.
Jules Kitchen is open 8am to 3pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 3pm at weekends and you can order meals on 01263 502765.