Join us in celebrating Christmas at our candlelit carol service
- Credit: James Bass
Jingle bells will soon be ringing in the air as the countdown to Christmas begins - and today we invite all our readers to join us at a special carol service.
This year the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News are joining together to celebrate the festive season with the EDP and Evening News Carols for Christmas service which will be at St Peter Mancroft Church on Tuesday, December 12.
The historic church will be beautifully illuminated by candlelight for the seasonal occasion which will feature performances by a St Peter Mancroft choir and a mix of traditional carols and readings.
Our carol service will also be raising funds for the Norwich-based charity Leeway which provides advice, support and information to any adult or child suffering from domestic abuse in Norfolk and Waveney.
EDP and Norwich Evening News editor David Powles said: 'We are delighted to invite our readers to our very special service celebrating the spirit of Christmas by candlelight.
You may also want to watch:
'Within the stunning medieval setting of St Peter Mancroft church we look forward to wonderful night of festivity.
'We are also proud to be supporting the domestic abuse charity Leeway which does such vital work in helping victims of domestic abuse.'
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
Leeway was first set up in 1974 and has grown over the last four decades to now have five safe houses and a team of more than 50 people helping those in need. The free, safe and confidential service is designed to empower those who are experiencing domestic abuse and give them the confidence needed in order to make independent choices about their life. Each year Leeway supports more than 8,000 adults, children and young people.
For more details about the work of Leeway and how you can support the charity, visit the Leeway website at www.leewaysupport.org
Anybody in need of help from Leeway can call the 24-hour helpline on 0300 561 0077.
Eastern Daily Press & Norwich Evening News Carols for Christmas will be at St Peter Mancroft Church, in Norwich, on Tuesday, December 12 at 7pm.
Doors will open at 6pm and the performance starts at 7pm.
Tickets cost £5 and will be available from early November. Details of how to book will be published nearer the time.