Jessie Ware rumoured to be among artists and DJs in Norwich’s BBC Radio 1 Academy lineup
- Credit: PA
Singer-songwriter Jessie Ware is rumoured to be among the artists and DJs coming to Norwich for the Radio 1 Academy ahead of the Big Weekend.
Full details of the week-long series of masterclasses and radio shows will be announced in Monday's papers, aimed to inspire 16 to 19-year-olds.
It has already been revealed that some of the biggest names in the music industry will be in the city for the Radio 1 Big Weekend on May 23 and 24, with Taylor Swift and Florence and the Machine among those performing.
But for those who missed out on one of the 50,000 tickets released last week, there is still a chance to experience some of the excitement.
More details will be released on Monday, but Radio 1 has said the Radio 1 Academy will take place in early May in Norwich.
Last year's event saw Emeli Sandé, Richard Branson and Biffy Clyro among those who shared their experiences and inspired young people.
Speaking ahead of the Academy in Glasgow last year, entrepreneur Richard Branson, said: 'It's a fantastic project and I hope people leave feeling inspired after the day's talks, workshops and events. It's the perfect place to share ideas, interests and hopefully pick up some advice along the way.'
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
The Radio 1 Academy is run in partnership with BBC Learning, and is aimed to be a special week of local engagement and face-to-face activity.
It is hoped the week will inspire young people to take the next step in their careers.
Full details of what the workshops are and who is going to be there will be released, along with details of how to get one of the free tickets to attend.
Other artists performing at the Big Weekend will be announced later this month.
Is your business planning something special for the Big Weekend in Norwich? Email email@example.com