Strictly trio announce Norfolk and Suffolk dates on divas tour
- Credit: Archant
A trio of Strictly Come Dancing professionals will be hoping to score a perfect ten with audiences on their new Viva La Divas tour, which includes dates in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Janette Manrara, Katya Jones and Nadiya Bychkova will pay tribute to the divas of the Golden Age of Hollywood, Broadway and the West End in the new show, alongside more contemporary pop acts.
The 29-date tour will begin at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft on June 14, with a matinee and evening show, and it will return to the region two more times over the summer at the Alive Corn Exchange in King's Lynn on June 26 and The Apex in Bury St Edmunds on July 1.
The song and dance spectacular will celebrate the female icons who have had an impact on their lives, which includes Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna and Beyonce.
They have collaborated with the original producers of the successful Viva La Diva show, first performed in 2007 with former Strictly judge Darcey Bussell and Katherine Jenkins, and the trio will be joined by a talented cast of singers and dancers.
You may also want to watch:
Manrara said: "I am so excited to be touring the UK with two of my best friends, Katya and Nadiya, and what a show it is going to be.
"We're going to be celebrating the glitz, the glamour and style of the greatest divas in showbiz.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 6 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
"We're going to have so much fun bringing this show to audiences across the UK and I can't wait. It is going to be a blast!"
All three still work on Strictly Come Dancing and Katya won the show and lifted the glitterball trophy in 2017 with Holby City star Joe McFadden and was paired with former MP Ed Balls in 2016, who was the Norwich City chairman from 2015 to 2018, and finished in sixth.
Charlotte Wright, marketing and brand manager at Alive Corn Exchange, said: "We are so excited to have such talented dancers and Strictly stars coming to King's Lynn.
"We are really big fans of the show and we look forward to welcoming these divas to our theatre!"