Jane Eyre performance to go ahead as planned today at Norwich Theatre Royal after last night’s performance was cancelled
- Credit: Brinkhoff/Moegenburg
Tonight's performance of Jane Eyre will go ahead as planned at Norwich Theatre Royal after last night's show was cancelled at the last minute.
About 400 people had been due to watch the production by the National Theatre and the Bristol Old Vic on Thursday night at the Theatre Street venue before it was announced on stage that the performance was unable to take place that night.
However it was confirmed today that the shows tonight and tomorrow will run as scheduled.
A statement from the National Theatre and Norwich Theatre Royal said: 'The decision to cancel last evening's performance of Jane Eyre at the Theatre Royal, Norwich was taken when a member of the acting company had a flare up of a pre-existing tendon condition of the foot.
'This occurred moments before curtain-up and due to the physical nature of the production and for this reason only, it was decided that it was not possible for them to perform.
You may also want to watch:
'An announcement was made to the audience from the stage and patrons have been offered to exchange their tickets for another performance or a full refund. 'Norwich Theatre Royal will be in contact with all bookers today.
'Meanwhile the National Theatre and Norwich Theatre Royal would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
'The rest of the performances this week will go ahead as scheduled.'
Jane Eyre is being performed at Norwich Theatre Royal tonight at 7.30pm at tomorrow at 2.30pm and 7.30pm. Tickets £8-£27.50.
For more information and to book tickets, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000.