ALISON CROOSE King's Lynn Festival: King's Lynn Arts Centre
The envious say she is too good to be true – a 56-year-old happily married mother of three with successful careers as an actress, author and maker of party cakes.
But Jane Asher proved she is “ordinary” in the best sense of the word, happy to talk candidly about her life.
She enjoys writing fiction which tackles topical issues she researches thoroughly before they are embodied in a strong story line.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Asher was five years old when she appeared in her first film, and loves live theatre. But she thoroughly enjoyed her involvement in the TV soap Crossroads.
In conversation with Ion Trewin, editor-in-chief with Weidenfeld and Nicolson, she admitted acting is a “ruthless profession” in which even the biggest stars have to accept rejection.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'