Jack and the Beanstalk review at Norwich Theatre Royal: Panto’s double act prove to be a real laugh once again
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
Christmas has come early in Norwich for theatre goers who have been treated to a gift of a festive pantomime.
As much a part of Christmas as turkey, tinsel and the nativity story, the annual panto has started its run at Norwich Theatre Royal.
Popular children's fairytale Jack and the Beanstalk has been given a major Western-style makeover for this year's festive bonanza.
Dancer Wayne Sleep (Phineas P Stinkworthy), David Burilin (Jack Trottalot), Mira Ormala (Jolene Hiccup) and David Gant (Sheriff Phil Hiccup) took centre stage in the howdy-dinger of a production.
But it was Richard Gauntlett (Dame Nigella Trottalot) and Ben Langley (Silly Billy Trottalot) who once again stole the show as the comedy double act.
You may also want to watch:
The duo, who appeared together in last year's panto, sure made it a hee-hah as well as a yee-hah experience for everyone – young and old. The way they interacted with the audience was simply sublime.
The pair were the catalyst for every laugh-out-loud moment in a feel-good family show which could not help but lift the spirits of even the most Scrooge-like among us.Peter Walsh
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 9 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
Jack and The Beanstalk is at the Theatre Royal until January 15, various dates/times, £23.50-£7, under-3s free. Call 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk