Jack and the Beanstalk review at Norwich Theatre Royal: Panto’s double act prove to be a real laugh once again
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
Christmas has come early in Norwich for theatre goers who have been treated to a gift of a festive pantomime.
As much a part of Christmas as turkey, tinsel and the nativity story, the annual panto has started its run at Norwich Theatre Royal.
Popular children's fairytale Jack and the Beanstalk has been given a major Western-style makeover for this year's festive bonanza.
Dancer Wayne Sleep (Phineas P Stinkworthy), David Burilin (Jack Trottalot), Mira Ormala (Jolene Hiccup) and David Gant (Sheriff Phil Hiccup) took centre stage in the howdy-dinger of a production.
But it was Richard Gauntlett (Dame Nigella Trottalot) and Ben Langley (Silly Billy Trottalot) who once again stole the show as the comedy double act.
You may also want to watch:
The duo, who appeared together in last year's panto, sure made it a hee-hah as well as a yee-hah experience for everyone – young and old. The way they interacted with the audience was simply sublime.
The pair were the catalyst for every laugh-out-loud moment in a feel-good family show which could not help but lift the spirits of even the most Scrooge-like among us.Peter Walsh
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
Jack and The Beanstalk is at the Theatre Royal until January 15, various dates/times, £23.50-£7, under-3s free. Call 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk