Island comedy at Sheringham Little Theatre summer rep season
- Credit: Archant
A small theatre will be transformed into a Lake District island for the penultimate play in a seaside summer rep season.
Neville's Island at Sheringham Little Theatre will be performed from this Saturday until Saturday August 30 at 8pm daily (no Sunday performances).
Matinées will be held on Tuesday August 26 and Saturday August 30 at 2.30pm.
Written by Calendar Girls dramatist Tim Firth, the comedy tells the story of team building torment on Rampsholme Island on Derwentwater in the Lake District.
The play features one of the theatre's most ambitious sets to date.
Neville's Island has been directed by Simon Thompson, teacher of drama and theatre studies at Paston Sixth Form College.
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'This production is one of the summer rep's most ambitious in terms of staging. We knew from the moment we read the script that we'd need to do something quite different with this one – and we're sure audiences will enjoy what we've created.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
- 10 Hotel landlord admits threatening man with axe
The play follows four men who become marooned on an island during a team building weekend away.
Neville appoints himself leader but as hopes of rescue dim the amusement becomes a little darker.
Tickets cost £16.50 for Fridays and Saturdays; £15.50 for Thursday; £13.50 for matinées; and £10.50 for under 18s. Call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com.
The last play of the rep season is the Gothic tale The Mystery Of Irma Vep, directed by Warren Catherine, running from Tuesday September 2 until Saturday September 6.