Regional art show at Norwich Castle inspired by inheritance
- Credit: Archant
A regional art show showcasing local talent has opened at Norwich Castle.
Inheritance, the fifth Norwich Castle Open Art Show, presents 129 works by 116 artists including Gerard Stamp, and has been organised in collaboration with the East Anglia Art Fund.
Chosen from almost 900 submissions, the works include painting, sculpture, sound, textiles, film, printmaking and photography, all responding to the theme of inheritance.
Submissions were selected by a panel of invited judges and divided into three categories: Family of Things, Distant Blues, and Architecture and Morality.
The headline sponsors are Brown&Co, who will be awarding a cash prize of £1,000 to one artist.
You may also want to watch:
The other sponsors are Gallery in the Lanes, who are providing a £500 prize to an emerging talent.
Inheritance: Norwich Castle Open Art Show is open from March 3 to May 20.
- 1 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 50 home development approved despite flooding fears