In Profile: Tall Ships
With the Norwich Sound and Vision festival just around the corner here is a guide to the bands who will be performing in Norwich.
Band Profile: Tall Ships, originally from Falmouth but now living in Brighton, have been drumming up a lot of love for their intricate mix of angular pop and beautiful, layered soundscapes that creates music which has drawn favourable comparisons to the likes of Battles, Minus The Bear, Sigur R�s and Biffy Clyro. Following on from the release of 'T=0', which came with beautiful handcrafted artwork designed by the band's visual artist Harriet Bridgewater, Tall Ships toured the UK and Europe with Los Campesinos!, Dry the River and Maps&Atlases. They also played a string of festival dates, including two oversubscribed nights at Great Escape, resulting in queues around the block.
Their debut album 'Everything Touching'' is co-released via Big Scary Monsters and Blood And Biscuits on October 8th just in time for their performance at the festival!
You may also want to watch:
What the experts say: 'The mathy skronk of Battles, Foals' wounded hearts and The xx's sense of space, all tempered by a freeness of mind that only comes from breathing a dose of sea air each morning' – NME
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
Tall Ships will be playing at the Norwich Arts Centre, Saturday 13 October.
Box office 01603 763111
Book online at www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk/events