In Profile: Public Service Broadcasting
With the Norwich Sound and Vision festival just around the corner here is a guide to the bands who will be performing in Norwich.
Band Profile: Public Service Broadcasting are a London-based duo whose main ingredients are: 1) J. Willgoose, Esq. on guitars, banjos, other stringed instruments, samplings, electronic things; 2) Wrigglesworth on drums, pianos and other electronic things.
Taking samples from old public information films, archive footage and propaganda material, they teach the lessons of the past through the music of the future.
Following their debut EP in August 2010 (the originally-titled 'EP One'), PSB released ROYGBIV to the masses in March 2012. The single won the Rebel Playlist on 6 Music and was on the receiving end of a 5* review in Artrocker magazine.
The band release The War Room EP on 28 May 2012, with lead track Spitfire already taking off on the airwaves, gaining widespread recognition on 6Music and a New Blood feature in Artrocker April 2012.
You may also want to watch:
Live transmissions at venues as diverse as Leefest, Koko, 229, Village Underground, the Edinburgh Fringe and Tooting Market have seen the band's unique AV show build up quite the reputation as they seek to inform, educate and entertain audiences around the nation – and, hopefully, world.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 10 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
What the experts say: 'How can you not love a band with names like that… we're all for it here!' – Lauren Laverne, BBC6
Public Service Broadcasting will be playing at the OPEN club room, Saturday 13 October.
Box office 01603 763111
Book online at www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk/events