Imogen Heap calls off Norwich date
VINCE YALLOP Imogen Heap's show at the UEA in Norwich tonight has been cancelled after the singer lost her voice.
Imogen Heap's show at the UEA in Norwich tonight has been cancelled after the singer lost her voice.
Gigs in Oxford and Cambridge at the weekend were also called off.
After her gig at Southampton on Friday, Imogen wrote on her Myspace blog: "Tonight really scared me. I've never had to sing with a throat as bad as that and I'd do it some serious damage if I sang again tomorrow. Sorry everyone.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "In 10 years of gigging I've never cancelled a gig. Then two in a row. I'm not going to make a habit of it and am only doing it coz I really can't string three notes together.
"We're trying very hard to reschedule the missed gigs and tag them onto the end of this tour before i go off to north America. I am so sorry again. It's all rather upsetting. I hope to make it up to you ASAP x Love, fluv. Immi xxx"
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
At this stage the UEA is not sure if the gig will be rescheduled.
Further details about how to return tickets on the UEA's website at www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk