Hundreds enjoy carol service with the Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime cast
- Credit: Archant
Daisy the cow, the pantomime babes and the whole cast of Norwich Theatre Royal's Jack and the Beanstalk took part in a special festive service at St Peter Mancroft Church in Norwich.
The annual pantomime carol service took place on Friday and saw hundreds of people join the cast in celebrating the spirit of Christmas.
The service was also the final event for the theatre's outgoing chief executive Peter Wilson, who is leaving the venue after 25 years at the helm.
Once In Royal David's City, While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night, O Come, All Ye Faithful, and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing were among the carols that were sung.
There were performances from members of the cast, including the pantomime babes singing The Chimney Song, the ensemble singing The Cowboy Carol, and Wayne Sleep, who plays Phineas P Stinkworthy in the pantomime, performing a song and dance.
You may also want to watch:
Harriet Bunton (who plays Dolly the Fairy) also sang and Mira Ormala and David Burilin (Jolene Hiccup and Jack Trottalot) performed a duet.
There were readings by Richard Gauntlett (Dame Nigella Trottalot), Ben Langley (Billy Trottalot), and David Gant (Sheriff Phil Hiccup), as well as outgoing chief executive Peter Wilson, the pantomime's executive producer Jane Walsh and the theatre's marketing manager Mark Hazell.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
The Rev Robert Avery, vicar and chaplain to the Theatre Royal, led the bidding prayer, and the address and the blessing were given by the Rt Rev Graham James, the Bishop of Norwich.
Jack and The Beanstalk is at Norwich Theatre Royal until Sunday, January 15. Tickets £7-£23.50. For more information and to book tickets, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.