Hugh Jackman and David Beckham talk Norwich City on Graham Norton Show
- Credit: PA
Norwich City football club was a point of topic when Hollywood actor Hugh Jackman rubbed shoulders with David Beckham on the Graham Norton Show.
The pair who both have links to the city, were guests on the BBC One show last night.
Jackman who is a Norwich City fan joked with the former Canary trialist Beckham that 'things didn't work out' for the ex-footballer in Norwich.
Beckham spent several weeks on trial with the Canaries in 1987, when Beckham was just 12-years-old.
A successful career followed where the former England captain played for teams such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and AC Milan.
Hollywood star Jackman told Graham Norton: 'I love all sports. I'm a Norwich City football fan, no one is upset with you for supporting Norwich.'
Jackman in 2011 revealed that he was approached about investing in Norwich City Football Club and regretted turning down the chance to pump some money into the Canaries.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
Although born in Australia, the actor, whose films include X-Men and The Prestige, has links to Norfolk through his mother, who lived in Norwich.
Jackman has previously revealed how he visited her a number of times as a child and first made a trip to Carrow Road when he was 16.
His interest in Norwich goes beyond football, telling an interviewer from FHM magazine in 2004: 'I'd have to say my favourite is a pub in Norwich called the Nag's Head. There's always music and everyone has a sing-song, a couple of jars and tells stories.'
The Nag's Head shut down in 1997, and today the King Street bar is known as King's.