Hot Club de Paris end tour in Norwich
Colin Wilson Liverpudlian art-pop experimentalists Hot Club De Paris finish their UK tour with a gig at Norwich Arts Centre on Sunday (8pm) in support of their new album Live at Dead Lake.
Liverpudlian art-pop experimentalists Hot Club De Paris finish their UK tour with a gig at Norwich Arts Centre on Sunday (8pm) in support of their new album Live at Dead Lake.
Released on June 16 through Moshi Moshi, the album expands on the quickfire tech-ridden pop punk blasts and wit-fuelled commentaries of 2006's debut Drop It 'Til It Pops.
After spending the entire summer of 2007 in their home town of Liverpool working on Live at Dead Lake, the band called upon Chicago producer Brian Deck (Modest Mouse, Cake, Ugly Cassanova) to document their new songs.
The first single to be taken from the album, Hey! Housebrick, released on May 26, features Matthew Smith's trademark shimmering guitar work floating over Paul Rafferty and Alasdair Smith's punchy rhythms.
Lucy and Nicola from Liverpool popsters Puzzle provided backing vocal duties and dainty handclaps.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 9 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 10 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
Support comes from punk/jazz experimental noisesters Honey Ride Me a Goat and Pennines, who feature members of Norwich band Fun!Yeah!
t 01603 660352 (£7adv/£8door) Norwich Arts Centre Box Office; www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk