Hot City Sounds music festival gets underway
Colin WilsonHot City Sounds, a celebration of local music featuring 130 local bands/artists at seven venues in nine days, continues with the likes of The Neutrinos, The Brownies, Balaclava Kid & Dad and The Great Shakes.Hot City Sounds on MyspaceColin Wilson
Hot City Sounds Festival 2009, a celebration of local music featuring 130 local bands/artists at seven venues in nine days, launches tonight, July 3, at Norwich Arts Centre, off St Benedict's, with a headlining appearance from the Kabeedies. Support comes from Le Tetsuo, My Boy My Girl and Ducky Vodka. The Maddog magazine DJs will be providing entertainment in the cafe/bar.
Other Hot City Sounds Festival gigs at the NAC this week include Next Big Thing winner Ed Sheeran on Saturday, July 4 (8pm). Support comes from Sargasso Trio, Tell me How and Master Solo. With Cloud Thieves, I Am Error, Locomotive and more in the cafe bar.
Headlining on Sunday (8pm) is Sennen with support from the Lost Levels, Buried in Pompeii and Vanilla Kick. With Hungry Audio DJs in the cafe bar.
Rory McVicar headlines on Monday with support from Lowery, Alex Carson, Jess Morgan, Girl in a Thunderbolt and Lucy Elliot. In the cafe bar will be Barfleet Records with Francis & Louis, Scraps, Max Avia and much more.
Headlining on Tuesday are Killerhurts with support from Fletch Cadillac, Arch Stanton and Washed Up.
The Neutrinos headline on Tuesday with support from Uh Ohs, My Visor and the Vegas Fame Index. Hot City Hum in the cafe bar features Mat Riviere, Follow Your Heart, Sam James Hill, Shaneolinski, Chad Mason Song Book and the Gore Vidals.
- 1 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 4 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 5 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 8 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 9 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 10 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
Thursday brings you Out of the Cool, a new monthly jazz night featuring the best in Norwich jazz talent (launched as part of Hot City Sounds) featuring the John Whitehead Trio. (John on piano, Dave Pullin, bass, and Neil Kane, drums).
This is a cafe/bar event, beginning at 8pm.
Headlining next Friday (July 10) are Balaclava Kid & Dad with support from Hoofus, Ndx and Magpied. Hot City Hum in the cafe/bar features Elsub, Ben Grizzly, Milly, Alto 45, Sebastiana and Milgram Experiment.
t 01603 660352 (�4adv/�5door) Norwich Arts Centre box office, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk.
t There are also Hot City Sounds gigs at the Brickmakers, B2, The Marquee and and The Forum over the week. See our listings or visit www.myspace.com/hotcitysounds.