Holy Cow! Macaulay Culkin surprises music fans in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin made a surprise appearance in Norwich last night when he came out on stage and sang a duet with Adam Green at The Waterfront Studio.
He's been left home alone in Chicago and was once stranded on the streets of New York, but no one ever expected to see Macaulay Culkin in the fine city of Norwich.
But this is exactly where he was on Wednesday evening and visitors at The Waterfront Studio were given a surprise when he made a guest appearance at musician and film director Adam Green's show.
Culkin, who rose to fame as a child star after working on films such as Home Alone, Richie Rich and My Girl in the 90s, came out during Green's set to help him with a performance of Lucky Number Nine, a song by The Moldy Peaches, an indie group that has been on hiatus since 2004.
Green, who is a former member of The Moldy Peaches, was performing in Norwich as part of his current UK tour to promote his new film, a warped take on the tale of Aladdin, and its accompanying album.
The film stars both Green and Culkin, who have previously worked together on a series of projects, including The Wrong Ferrari in 2011, which was directed by Green and shot entirely on an iPhone.
Hollie Crofts-Morris, from Norwich, attended the show last night and thought the whole thing was very bizarre.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
She said: 'It was very random, he came out and did a cover of a Moldy Peaches song, but he didn't really seem to know the words and he wasn't great at singing.'
Hollie also said that Culkin, 35, stayed behind for a while after the show.
Jonny Boardly was at The Waterfront for the show as well and submitted a great video of the full performance, in which Culkin tells the audience they are 'the lucky dozens' as they will get to hear the pair perform the song together for the first time in 'like forever', and also appears to be reading the song lyrics from the back of his hand.
Culkin has hit the headlines over the last few years, but is known to shy away from the public eye. He recently told Vulture Magazine that sometimes he only leaves his house in the middle of the night, taking walks at two or four in the morning.