Holt jewellery workshops to support design students
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk residents will be able to learn how to make jewellery as well as support new East Anglian design and craft talent.
Contemporary art jeweller Lieta Marziali, 41, who is in her final year at the Colchester School of Art, is holding sessions at her Holt gallery, on The Driftway.
People do not have to have any previous artistic experience and a three-hour taster class costs £50, two three-hour sessions cost £90 and a whole day costs £150.
As well as learning new skills, students will be able to go away with finished pieces.
All fees for courses, if booked by Saturday May 2, will be put towards an online fundraising campaign for Ms Marziali and her Colchester School of Art cohort.
You may also want to watch:
The IndieGogo campaign is to enable the contemporary jeweller and other final year students on the BA(Hons) Three-Dimensional Design and Craft students to display their work at the most important design show for emerging UK talent - New Designers in London - this June. Ms Marziali said: 'Degree courses in craft are fast disappearing, so much so that ours is one of very few in the whole of East Anglia. This year we are taking our biggest group to date to New Designers and having a large stand to display our work at its best is crucial not only to showcase the importance of the disciplines we practise, but also the talent that our region can produce.'
To book a jewellery workshop and to support the IndieGogo cause visit the IndieGogo #Colchester3DCraft crowd-finding page at http://igg.me/at/Colchester3DCraft/x/9237122.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
Workshop dates can be arranged throughout the summer.