Holt jewellery artist to open up her studio over the festive period
- Credit: Archant
A Holt jewellery artist with a focus on ethical working is opening her studio to the public every weekend until Christmas.
Lieta Marziali, who is based at The Driftway off Hempstead Road, will host the open studio events from December 2-3 to December 23-24 from 11am to 4pm.
Ms Marziali, whose jewellery has already been exhibited internationally, has been exhibiting since 2010.
She said she prided herself on having high ethical standards, using renewable energy and using second-hand tools and only reclaimed or recycled packaging.
Ms Marziali said: 'Since day one I have set out to ensure that my work has a very strong ethical focus.
You may also want to watch:
'In terms of materials, the vast majority are found, reclaimed or recycled.
'When it comes to processes, I deliberately work in a very low-tech way, trying to solve mechanical and construction problems with very few tools and my imagination.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
'Social giving is also a top priority and, whenever possible, I volunteer as a career mentor with young people in local schools around the district.'
Ms Marziali said visitors to the open studio should park on the main road whenever possible, as the drive will be reserved for people with limited mobility.
She said: 'There will be new work available for sale, as well as archive pieces, some of which I will be selling at a reduced price. I look forward to meeting people and providing an opportunity in the area to buy gifts from a local, truly ethical business.'