Holt jewellery artist to open up her studio over the festive period
- Credit: Archant
A Holt jewellery artist with a focus on ethical working is opening her studio to the public every weekend until Christmas.
Lieta Marziali, who is based at The Driftway off Hempstead Road, will host the open studio events from December 2-3 to December 23-24 from 11am to 4pm.
Ms Marziali, whose jewellery has already been exhibited internationally, has been exhibiting since 2010.
She said she prided herself on having high ethical standards, using renewable energy and using second-hand tools and only reclaimed or recycled packaging.
Ms Marziali said: 'Since day one I have set out to ensure that my work has a very strong ethical focus.
You may also want to watch:
'In terms of materials, the vast majority are found, reclaimed or recycled.
'When it comes to processes, I deliberately work in a very low-tech way, trying to solve mechanical and construction problems with very few tools and my imagination.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
'Social giving is also a top priority and, whenever possible, I volunteer as a career mentor with young people in local schools around the district.'
Ms Marziali said visitors to the open studio should park on the main road whenever possible, as the drive will be reserved for people with limited mobility.
She said: 'There will be new work available for sale, as well as archive pieces, some of which I will be selling at a reduced price. I look forward to meeting people and providing an opportunity in the area to buy gifts from a local, truly ethical business.'