Holt Festival offers chance to exhibit work and win cash prize
- Credit: Rodney Smith
Artists and those with a creative flair are being invited to take part in a prestigious art competition.
Entries are now open for this year's Holt Festival Art Prize.
The Holt Festival Art Prize is open to artists everywhere. In past years artists from all over the UK have submitted work. There is a cash prize of £1,500 and in addition the winning artwork will be exhibited at Norwich's prestigious Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts in the autumn.
All types of original visual art is welcome, the only proviso is the deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday, June 26.
Judges will select a shortlist of 20-30 that will be exhibited at the Auden Theatre, Holt from July 23-31.
You may also want to watch:
The winner will be announced at a private view on July 24 by Sir John Hurt, actor and chancellor of Norwich University for the Arts.
The exhibition is part of the Holt Festival Art Trail that also takes in many other galleries and exhibition spaces around the town.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
The winner of last year's prize and cheque for £1,500 was Norfolk artist Brüer Tidman's acrylic on canvas portrait of his partner Beth Narborough. The painting was unanimously selected from over 250 entries,
International Art Appraiser and Holt Festival Art Prize organizer James Glennie said; 'Each year I am both impressed and delighted at the standard of entries which really does seem to get higher each year.'
Entry forms can be downloaded from http://www.holtfestival.org/whats-on/arts-prize/
The 2016 Holt Festival runs from July 23 and includes international music, drama, visual art, dance, comedy, cinema, children's and workshops.