Holt festival announces sell out events and last chance to enter art prize
- Credit: Archant
Artists have until Sunday night to enter a prestigious north Norfolk event, which could win them a cash prize, and exhibition opportunity at the Sainsbury Centre.
The rallying call for late entries from the Holt Festival Art Prize, comes as the festival reports strong ticket sales for its range of arts events.
They include two sell-out concerts by the Scottish duo The Proclaimers and a special evening with leading close-up magician Fay Presto.
The art prize has already many entries from all corners of the UK but more are being encouraged, right up to the midnight Sunday deadline.
As well as the autumn exhibition slot at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, there is a £1,500 cash prize.
You may also want to watch:
The winner will be chosen on July 19 and the shortlist of 20-30 works displayed at Holt's Nicholson Gallery during the festival which runs from July 20-27.
Artists can download entry forms at www.holtfestival.org/art_prize
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
The festival has sold just over 70pc of its sales target. Director Delaval Astley said it was pleasing in the current economic climate, adding: 'Several other shows were getting very close to capacity so I would urge people to buy tickets for events they'd like to attend as soon as possible.'
Among the highlights for the fifth annual festival are appearances from former Prime Minister Sir John Major, poet John Hegley, jazz singers Ian Shaw and Sarah Jane Morris and New York cabaret star Lady Rizo.
There is also a full day of free family fun on Sunday July 21 when the entire town centre will be taken over by entertainers from around the UK and France.
For more information and tickets call the box office on 01263 711284