Hollywood and Broadway, King's Lynn
The best parts of well-loved musicals were rolled here into one super celebration of golden moments from stage and screen.
By ALISON CROOSE
Hollywood and Broadway at King's Lynn Corn Exchange rolled the best parts of well-loved musicals into one super celebration of golden moments from stage and screen.
Well-established singers Grace Kennedy and Dave Willetts headed the cast, and with a talented team of six dancers and a nine-piece band on stage this was a real extravanganza of non-stop entertainment.
For anyone in love with the musical theatre the show offered a feast of delights, made up of favourite moments from a whole variety of shows ranging from The King and I to 42nd Street.
Both singers are real troupers with the skills to adapt their style to recreate the exciting atmosphere of musicals down the years.
The stunning Kennedy was as adept at emulating Liza Minelli and Judy Garland as she was Lena Horne and Barbra Streisand while Willetts proved himself across the range from Elvis Presley to Marlon Brando.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 3 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 4 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 5 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 6 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 7 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 8 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 9 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
- 10 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
All the famous names who produced lyrics that have given so much enjoyment were remembered, including Irving Berlin, George Gershwin, Stephen Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Kennedy, Willetts and the energetic dancers – who also provided excellent vocal support – teamed up to execute a slick, fast-moving show which included dozens of hit tunes encapsulating the magic of musicals.
The audience revelled in the glitz, glamour and razzle-dazzle.