Have your say: What makes Norwich Arts Centre such a special venue?
Norwich Arts Centre has once again been named as East Anglia's top small venue for live music – but why do you think it's such a special place?
For the second year running, thousands of music fans voted the venue as their favourite in an online poll conducted by NME.com.
The St Benedicts Street centre will now go forward as one of eight regional winners bidding to be named the UK's best small venue.
Jenny Allison, marketing manager at Norwich Arts Centre, said: 'We are really proud and honored to be included in the final shortlist for the NME poll. Once again there are some great venues listed and it will be a tough decision for the judges.
'Norwich has a really vibrant music scene and hopefully our inclusion for the second time will continue to inspire young musicians in the area to take to the stage and will attract more bands to play in our fine city.'
You may also want to watch:
Director Stuart Hobday added: 'It's a real boost for everyone at the venue and its support of new music. It's great to receive this national recognition for the second year running and we have our fingers crossed for the final result.'
The final shortlist will be assessed by a panel of judges including Radio 1's Huw Stephens, with the winner being announced next Tuesday.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
What makes the Norwich Arts Centre such a great venue? What are your favourite memories of gigs and events at the centre? Log in and post your comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org