Harry Potter Book Night is coming to Norwich and it sounds magical
- Credit: For the past four years Waterstones have hosted the Harry Potter Book Night for young Potterheads. Picture: IPSWICH WATERSTONES
Just because you never received a Hogwarts letter it doesn't mean you have to miss out as Harry Potter Book Night is coming to Waterstones.
Organised by Bloomsbury publishers every year, magical events will be taking place across the country on February 7 and this year's theme is Hogwarts.
The annual celebration of all things Potter is being celebrated at Waterstones in Castle Street in Norwich.
From quizzes to crafts, Potterheads are encouraged to dress up as their favourite witch of wizard to celebrate JK's Rowling's bestselling books.
The event runs from 5pm to 7.30pm and includes a selection of magical activities and crafts and be sure to wear your best robes for a fancy dress parade.
You may also want to watch:
You can also enter a team into a themed quiz at 6.30pm in the cafe for the chance to win a bookish prize which is free to attend.
If you would like to sign up a team for the quiz email firstname.lastname@example.org with a contact name, team name and number of team members (max 5) with the subject line 'Harry Potter Quiz'.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
This is how other stores in the region are celebrating...
98 London Road North, NR32 1ET
9am on February 7 until February 10
Shop staff will be dressing up, there will be a scavenger hunt around the shop, competitions such as Guess The Beans in the Jar and Name the Owl.
For Saturday only, they be hiding painted Harry Potter rocks around the store.
15-19 Buttermarket, IP1 1BQ
February 7, 7pm to 8.30pm
They will be celebrating in their very own Common Room with a party so wear your best Harry Potter cloaks or pjs, bring a comfy cushion, blanket and a picnic dinner for a midnight feast.
The professors will be quizing you on your Hogwarts knowledge, brewing some tasty potions to try, sorting you into your houses and doing a storytelling session.
At the event, which is aimed at younger fans, there will be a raffle with a prize so bring your spare pounds, knuts and galleons.
Bury St Edmunds
14 Prospect Row, Arc Shopping Centre
February 7, 4pm to 7pm
Enjoy Hogwarts-themed fun and activities aimed at children from 8 years and up, include cupcake decorating, quizzes and goodie bags for those first to arrive in costume.
The event is free but speak to a bookseller in store or phone 01284 750726 to put your name on the guest list.