TONY COOPER St Mary's Church, South Creake
> St Mary's Church, South Creake
Some of the brightest music students around were to be found in this tranquil north Norfolk village.
After an intensive two-day period of rehearsal under the tutelage of course director Alexander Crowe, Irish-born Darren Hargan conducted them in a marvellous and uplifting performance of Handel's Messiah in St Mary's Church, performed on period instruments with an orchestra of 18 players and a choir.
You may also want to watch:
The quartet of soloists put in good, commanding performances with the bass-baritone, Thomas Eaglen, a name to look out for.
And a nice touch was elevating young treble singer Charlie Fraser to the pulpit to sing the part of the angel.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council