Gunton Festival of Food & Music doubles capacity as it goes into its second year
- Credit: Archant
A food and music festival hosted by well-known Gunton Arms pub is set to double in size when it returns to north Norfolk in the summer.
Following the success of last year's debut event, the award-winning hotel and restaurant near Cromer has bumped its capacity from 650 to 1300.
This year's festival, which will take place on Saturday 4 August, will also boast an expanded food area featuring an outdoor BBQ and vendors hand picked by head chef Stuart Tattersall.
Last year saw Kitty, Daisy & Lewis headline on the music front with several local bands and DJs supporting. The acts taking centre stage this year are set to be announced in the coming weeks.
The event proved hugely popular last year with tickets selling out within two weeks of going on sale.
You may also want to watch:
Rupert Orton, the festival's promoter, said at the time: 'What's unique about this festival is that it makes the most of the North Norfolk culture. We had venison, which is a speciality as we're in a deer park, and all of the acts had a connection to Norfolk in some way.'
'We wanted the bands playing to reflect the high quality and standards of the food and service at the Gunton Arms, as well as sourcing as many acts as possible from the local area, and those who have played in Norfolk before,' he continued.
- 1 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 4 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 5 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 8 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 9 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 10 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid