Grease Is The Word!
IAN CLARKE Up to 5000 people will re-living the fabulous fifties as a spectacular open air musical version of Grease is staged in Norfolk this summer.West End performers will be starring in the all-singing, all-dancing show at the Amazing-Maize-Maze at Compton Hall, South Creake, near Fakenham, on Saturday August 19.
Up to 5000 people will re-living the fabulous fifties as a spectacular open air musical version of Grease is staged in Norfolk this summer.
West End performers will be starring in the all-singing, all-dancing show at the Amazing-Maize-Maze at Compton Hall, South Creake, near Fakenham, on Saturday August 19.
The well-loved songs from the show including Greased Lightning, You're The One That I Want and Grease Is The Word are set to ensure an electric atmosphere.
Tickets are already selling fast and showgoers are being urged to get into the spirit by dressing up as Pink Ladies or T Bird guys.
As part of the evening there will be a classic car and bike exhibition
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 7 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 8 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 9 Fire at farm near Taverham being treated as arson
- 10 Murder suspect left scene in handcuffs as police carried out CPR on victim
Anna Gardner, of the Amazing-Maize-Maze, said: "We're having a West End show in the beautiful Norfolk countryside and it is going to be amazing.
"It will have great appeal for everyone from eight to 80 and there is sure to be an electrifying atmosphere."
Tickets must be bought in advance and can be bought from the Maize Maze, the Ostrich at South Creake or Ollie's Restaurant at the Edinburgh in Wells.
The walk-in tickets cost £18.50 or from Ticket Queen costing £20.50.
From July 19 the tickets will cost £2 more.
Contact Ticket Queen on 08707 460046 or website www.ticketqueen.com.
The maize maze can be contacted on 01328 823224 or website www.amazingmaizemaze.co.uk.
The show starts at 6.30pm and there will be a "breathtaking" fireworks display to end.
People are being advised to take chairs, rugs and picnics – but BBQs and view blockers such as gazebos and tents are not allowed.
The theme for the maize maze this year – which opens on July 15 - is Peter Pan.