Grease Is The Word!
IAN CLARKE Up to 5000 people will re-living the fabulous fifties as a spectacular open air musical version of Grease is staged in Norfolk this summer.West End performers will be starring in the all-singing, all-dancing show at the Amazing-Maize-Maze at Compton Hall, South Creake, near Fakenham, on Saturday August 19.
Up to 5000 people will re-living the fabulous fifties as a spectacular open air musical version of Grease is staged in Norfolk this summer.
West End performers will be starring in the all-singing, all-dancing show at the Amazing-Maize-Maze at Compton Hall, South Creake, near Fakenham, on Saturday August 19.
The well-loved songs from the show including Greased Lightning, You're The One That I Want and Grease Is The Word are set to ensure an electric atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are already selling fast and showgoers are being urged to get into the spirit by dressing up as Pink Ladies or T Bird guys.
As part of the evening there will be a classic car and bike exhibition
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
Anna Gardner, of the Amazing-Maize-Maze, said: "We're having a West End show in the beautiful Norfolk countryside and it is going to be amazing.
"It will have great appeal for everyone from eight to 80 and there is sure to be an electrifying atmosphere."
Tickets must be bought in advance and can be bought from the Maize Maze, the Ostrich at South Creake or Ollie's Restaurant at the Edinburgh in Wells.
The walk-in tickets cost £18.50 or from Ticket Queen costing £20.50.
From July 19 the tickets will cost £2 more.
Contact Ticket Queen on 08707 460046 or website www.ticketqueen.com.
The maize maze can be contacted on 01328 823224 or website www.amazingmaizemaze.co.uk.
The show starts at 6.30pm and there will be a "breathtaking" fireworks display to end.
People are being advised to take chairs, rugs and picnics – but BBQs and view blockers such as gazebos and tents are not allowed.
The theme for the maize maze this year – which opens on July 15 - is Peter Pan.