Goldie Lookin' Chain
UEA LCR, Norwich
> UEA LCR, Norwich
Goldie Lookin' Chain, famous for embracing the “Chav” culture that has swept the nation in the last 12 months, played their eagerly-awaited gig on Wednesday.
Taking to the stage in tracksuits and gold chains, the group launched into their set with aplomb, hip-hop moves and poses.
Sticking in the main to their Greatest Hits album release of last year, the Welsh collective showed that they have a great stage presence.
Unfortunately, as they were rapping to backing tracks, it never felt like a truly “live” experience – but their enthusiasm still made it an enjoyable evening.
Highlights were last summer's anthem Guns Don't Kill People plus some of the newer material which showcases the band's sense of humour. Among the topics covered were hormone replacement therapy!
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
The gig came to a close with the recent release You Knows I Love You, and the GLC cult classic Your Mother's Got A Penis.
This was a most enjoyable evening's entertainment – although it would be great to see Goldie Lookin' Chain perform with a live band or DJ.