Go Bananza! American singer Akon to perform in Norwich
- Credit: UEA Students' Union
Mr. Lonely himself is heading to Norwich.
American singer/songwriter, Akon, will be performing at The University of East Anglia's Nick Rayns LCR on Saturday, October 28.
The 44-year-old, who is best known for songs such as Lonely, Smack That and Don't Matter will be joined by special guests Tre Carter, OG Boo Dirty and Tone Tone.
Tickets for the event are due to go on sale Friday, August 4 at 9am.
Prices start at £28 in advance, plus booking fee, but will cost more on the door.
You may also want to watch:
Akon, real name, Aliaume Damala Badara Akon Thiam, rose to fame in 2004 after the release of the song, Locked Up, featuring Styles P.
He has since founded two record labels, Konvict Muzik and Kon Live Distribution, had four songs certified 3x platinum and is the first solo artist to hold both the number one and two spots simultaneously on the Billboard Hot 100 charts twice.
For more information visit ueaticketbookings.co.uk
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?