A spring version of Oktoberfest is coming to Norwich
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
Calling all Oktoberfest fans! A new festival inspired by the popular Bavarian event is coming to Norwich.
Springfest, a one day extravaganza celebrating global food, drink and entertainment, will be taking place at OPEN on Saturday, March 24.
Held in the Banking Hall, the festival will incorporate all the fun of Oktoberfest by featuring a selection of Bavarian beers and cocktails, as well as a diverse range of treats from Africa, Asia, The Americas and other parts of Europe.
Entertainment is to be provided by the Bavarian Stollers, who impressed crowds at Oktoberfest in 2017, as well as The Mariachis.
A spokesman for OPEN said: 'Springest will simply be one of the biggest one-off food and drink celebrations ever seen in our Fine City.'
You may also want to watch:
The event will run over two sessions, with the first taking place from 12pm to 4.30pm and the second starting at 6pm and finishing at 11pm.
Tickets prices range frm £10 to £40 and are available now from opennorwich.org.ukSpringfest is for over 18s only. Proof of age is required.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 6 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 7 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 10 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000