Girls Aloud tickets snapped up
Within days of tickets going on sale for a summer open-air concert by chart-topping girl band, Girls Aloud at Holkham Hall, almost five thousand had been sold and the demand has even surprised the promoters.
Tens of thousands of people are snapping up tickets for the region's summer series of open-air concerts.
Appearances by James Morrison on June 7 in Thetford Forest and the 10th anniversary concert at Blickling Hall on July 14 are both sold out.
Half the 10,000 tickets for the chart-topping girl band Girls Aloud's visit to Holkham Hall on August 31 have been snapped up and organisers are confident it will be a sell out.
Also appearing in the show are TV's X-Factor winner Shayne Ward and singer/songwriter Jamelia, while Holkham is also bringing legendary band Status Quo to the ground of the stately home the next evening on September 1.
There are limited tickets still available for the concert by George Michael at Norwich City football ground on June 12, with plans to release more after Easter.
The other Forest concerts, Travis (June 8), Van Morrison (June 9), The Feeling, (July 12), M People (July 13) and Blondie (July 14) are all close to selling out.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
At Blickling tickets are still available for concerts by veteran rocker Bryan Ferry (July 14), Genesis founder member Peter Gabriel (July 21) and eighties-chartoppers Madness (July 22).
Somerleyton Hall near Lowestoft is hosting the Easter Haze Festdival on July 20-22, the Sugarbabes on August 10, and Jools Holland and Lulu on August 11.
Henham Hall near Southwold is hoe to the Latitude Festival on July 12-15.
Tickets for both Holkham performances cost £37.50, plus a booking fee, through the main ticket line on 0871 424 4444 or in person from the Ancient House Gift Shop at Holkham or at Pinewoods Holiday Park in Wells (no booking fee).
Tickets are also available from Archant Norfolk offices at Millennium Plain (01603 772175), Church Street, Cromer (01263 513232) and at Regent Street, Yarmouth (01493 847940) (a booking fee applies at these centres) and online at www.edp24.uk
Other ticket contacts: Somerleyton 01603 772175 or 01603 660444; Thetford 01842 814612; Henham www.latitudefestival.co.uk