Giant Slayers fly in to North Walsham
- Credit: Submitted
Children in North Walsham are preparing for a mighty battle this weekend.
They are rehearsing for the Salvation Army's production of the Giant Slayer - and tells the biblical story in fun style of David and Goliath.
The 20 strong cast will perform the mini musical at the Atrium theatre in town on Sunday, July 17, at 4pm.
It follows the success of the sell-out production Jonah which they performed at the Atrium last year.
Major Richard Durrant, from the Salvation Army, said: 'It is a fun, action packed story with a variety of songs, as the children enthusiastically portray this exciting story from the bible.
You may also want to watch:
'This will be an enjoyable afternoon which should appeal to all ages, and we would encourage you to come and support the children who have worked so hard for this.'
Tickets priced £3 each are available from the Army shop in Church Street or from Arts north Norfolk shop in town, as well as on the door on the day.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Meanwhile, the Salvation Army revealed it is keen to develop its community band and has issued an appeal for brass players to join them for a special open band practice at their hall in hall Lane, North Walsham, on Thursday, July 28, at 8pm. The band will take part in a special summer praise evening at the hall on Sunday, July 31, at 6pm.
Major Durrant added: 'If you just enjoy a good sing then come and choose your favourites. All are very welcome.'
The Salvation Army also hosts a coffee morning and table top sale every Thursday from 9.30am to 11.30am.