Giant 18-foot lobster to visit Norwich’s Castle Mall
- Credit: Archant
A giant 18-foot tall red lobster is to visit Norwich's Castle Mall as part of summer of fun at the shopping centre.
The world's biggest crustacean- Lobster A La Carte- will be visiting the centre on August 2 as part of an under the sea theme day to celebrate the release of new Pixar film 'Finding Dory'.
Children can get creative at a pop-up craft workshop to make clown fish, octopi, dories and other sea creatures. There will be a fishy trail to find hidden inflatable clown fish in shop windows.
It will be the first of four free events to be held in the White Lion square over the next couple of weeks.
There will be a circus theme on August 4 with two circus skills workshops and a big top craft workshop. On August 9 there will be a pirate theme with entertainment from Yorkshire's finest pirates Swash and Buckle. A free pirate craft and a treasure trail to find the hidden parrots in the shop windows will also be on offer.
You may also want to watch:
And on April 11 Wymondham's Garlic Theatre will be bringing their wonderful puppets to Castle Mall to perform their award winning show George and the Dragon. There will also be a workshop where children can make sock puppets and finger puppets.
•All the events are free and take place in Castle Mall between 11am and 3pm.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 10 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront