Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly at the UEA
COLIN WILSON Following a brilliant 2006, Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly (aka 21-year-old Sam Duckworth) brings his latest UK tour to UEA, Norwich, on Wednesday, March 28.
Following a brilliant 2006, Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly (aka 21-year-old Sam Duckworth) brings his latest UK tour to UEA, Norwich, on Wednesday, March 28.
2006 saw Get Cape release a succession of critically-acclaimed singles from his masterpiece of a debut album, The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager, an album that was recently certified silver, clocking up more than 60,000 sales.
Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly has kick-started 2007 with a nomination at the recent NME Awards. He completed a sold-out January headline tour and has recently returned from Austin Texas where he made an appearance at South By South West. His latest single, I Spy, was released earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
Main support comes from maverick alt-pop trio Pull Tiger Tail who are signed to the same label as the Kaiser Chiefs and the Automatic. The trio featuring Marcus Ratcliff (lead vocals/guitar/keyboards), Jack Hamson (drums/vocals) and Davo McConville (bass/vocals/keyboards) inhabit a world where Gerald Durrell, Daft Punk, Aristotle and Debbie Harry are just a few of their many gods. The tour coincides with the release of their new single Let's Lightning. Opening the evening will be the Dykeenies.
Doors 7.30pm. Tickets at £10.50 advance are available in Norwich from UEA Union, Waterfront and Soundclash. Box office: 01603 508050 and www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 10 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named