Gary Barlow set to play Thetford Forest
- Credit: Jamie Lucas
Take That's Gary Barlow is set to return to East Anglia to play a concert in Thetford Forest next summer.
The Rule the World hitmaker will be heading to Suffolk without his bandmates on Friday, June 8 as part of a 34-date solo tour.
Tickets for the Thetford Forest gig go on sale on Friday, October 20 at 10am.
News of the tour comes after Take That made their first-ever visit to Norwich earlier this summer, entertaining more than 50,000 fans when they played two dates of their Wonderland tour at Carrow Road in June.
The Gary Barlow In Concert 2018 tour will see the star perform smaller solo concerts at 24 venues across the UK, and the Thetford Forest gig will be the penultimate date of the tour which will kick off on April 16 at Edinburgh Playhouse and finish on June 9 at Delamere Forest in Cheshire.
Both the Thetford Forest and Delamere Forest dates are part of Forest Live summer concerts organised by the Forestry Commission.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm really looking forward to these gigs. I've never played Forest Live before so I hope to see you there,' said Gary Barlow, who last toured as a solo artist in 2014 and whose last solo record was Since I Saw You Last.
Together with his Take That bandmates, the singer-songwriter has had a string of hit songs including Rule The World, Relight My Fire, Greatest Day, Pray, Back For Good and Never Forget. The band has won eight Brit awards, sold more than 45 million records and more than eight million concert tickets.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
Outside of Take That, he has co-written and produced music for artists including Dame Shirley Bassey and Sir Elton John, and has also turned his attention to the world of theatre, composing the score for Broadway hit Finding Neverland and working alongside screenwriter Tim Firth to write the music and lyrics for musical The Girls.
Take That are also co-producers of new musical The Band which features the songs of Take That and is coming to Norwich Theatre Royal in February 2018.
Gary Barlow plus guests will be performing at Thetford Forest on Friday, June 8. Tickets £47.50 (plus £5.25 booking fee) will go on sale at 10am on Friday, October 20. To book, call the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music