Gallery: X-Factor’s Paul headlines as King’s Lynn’s Christmas lights are turned on
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Christmas spirit burst into life in King's Lynn at yesterday's light switch-on.
Despite being voted out of the X-Factor, hundreds turned up to see Paul Akister turn on the town's Christmas lights display.
The 25-year-old singer took to the stage along with 2013 X-Factor alumni Rough Copy.
Cast from upcoming Corn Exchange Pantomine Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, including Sue Holderness of Fools and Horses, also warmed the crowd during a chilly evening.
The event marks the start of late-night shopping every Thursday until Christmas, with shops open until 8pm and free parking in council-owned car parks to boost festive trade.
A new festive light show was also displayed on the Custom House, which will run every day between 4pm and 10pm until the New Year.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes