Gallery: X-Factor’s Paul headlines as King’s Lynn’s Christmas lights are turned on
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Christmas spirit burst into life in King's Lynn at yesterday's light switch-on.
Despite being voted out of the X-Factor, hundreds turned up to see Paul Akister turn on the town's Christmas lights display.
The 25-year-old singer took to the stage along with 2013 X-Factor alumni Rough Copy.
Cast from upcoming Corn Exchange Pantomine Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, including Sue Holderness of Fools and Horses, also warmed the crowd during a chilly evening.
The event marks the start of late-night shopping every Thursday until Christmas, with shops open until 8pm and free parking in council-owned car parks to boost festive trade.
You may also want to watch:
A new festive light show was also displayed on the Custom House, which will run every day between 4pm and 10pm until the New Year.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach