Future Radio back on the air
Norwich community radio station Future Radio is back on air until November 20.Broadcasting on 105.1FM, the station was first broadcast on a Restricted Service Licence in May.
Norwich community radio station Future Radio is back on air until November 20.
Broadcasting on 105.1FM, the station was first broadcast on a Restricted Service Licence in May.
It has now been granted its second temporary licence, with hopes that the station will become one of the country's first permanent community radio stations from next year.
Local organisations involved in broadcasts range from the team behind The Waterfront's Meltdown club nights to schools and the police.
You may also want to watch:
The station will be aiming to showcase locally-produced music as well as chart sounds and classic hits.
Future Radio is run by The NR5 Project, an initiative which helps young people from the NR5 postcode area.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
Local bands looking to get their music played should send demos to station manager Tom Buckham at 561 Earlham Road, Norwich NR4 7TF.
You can also tune in to the station via the net on www.futureradio.co.uk. You can contact the station on firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01603 455250 or text to 07821 109112.