Full cast announced for Funny Girl musical coming to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
West End leading lady Natasha J Barnes and recording artist Darius Campbell will lead the cast of Funny Girl which comes to Norwich Theatre Royal from June 26 to July 1.
Both are reprising their roles from the critically acclaimed and record-breaking sold-out runs of the show at the Menier Chocolate Factory and Savoy Theatre.
Funny Girl brought global fame to Barbra Streisand 50 years ago and features some of the most iconic songs from film and theatre history, including 'People' and 'Don't Rain On My Parade'.
The musical follows American comedienne Fanny Brice, whose talents see her rise from Brooklyn music hall singer to big time Broadway star under the guidance of Eddie Ryan (Joshua Lay) and Florenz Zieffeld (Nigel Barber).
Barnes, who was previously understudy for Sheridan Smith in Funny Girl in the West End, will be taking on the role of Fanny, while Campbell will be playing her husband, professional gambler Nick Arnstein.
You may also want to watch:
Also taking to the stage for Funny Girl will be local actor Tom Partridge, a former student of the Central School of Dancing and Performing Arts, who performed as a 'babe' in several Norwich Theatre Royal pantomimes. He was last on home turf in the city with Singing in the Rain with Maxwell Caulfield and Vicky Binns.
The cast is completed by Zoë Ann Bown (Mrs. Meeker), Martin Callaghan (Mr. Keeney), Jennifer Harding (Emma), Rachel Izen (Mrs Brice), and Myra Sands (Mrs. Strakosh); with Rhianne Alleyne, Kit Benjamin, Lloyd Davies, Flora Dawson, Joseph Dockree, Abigayle Honeywill, Brontë Lavine, David Mcintosh, Peter Nash, Gillian Parkhouse, Nova Skipp, Alexandra Waite-Roberts, Sam Wingfield and Alexandra Wright.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
Judy Foster, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Funny Girl is such an iconic show with some incredibly memorable songs and real laugh-out-loud moments. Critically-acclaimed in the West End, local audiences really shouldn't miss the chance to grab a ticket for this exhilarating evening of top-class entertainment.'
• Tickets for Funny Girl are on sale now and cost between £8 and £48.50. Discounts for Friends & Corporate Club, Over 60s, Under 18s and groups are available. For more information on this show or to book, call the box office on 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk