From Yorkie wraps to Halloween hot chocolate: 7 tasty treats to try in Norwich this October
- Credit: Martin Leavold
Norwich's food scene is improving all the time, but with so many brilliant independent businesses open across the city it can be difficult to keep track of all the tempting treats on offer.
To give you a helping hand, Courtney Pochin has picked some of the new and upcoming additions to menus at cafes, restaurants and market stalls that you won't want to miss out on this month:
• Yorkshire pudding wraps
If you love nothing more than a Sunday roast, you're going to flip for the new addition to the menu at 67 London Street. The cafe has just launched Yorkie Wraps, that's a roast dinner wrapped up in a giant Yorkshire pudding. Current options include local roast pork with sausage, sage and onion stuffing, rosemary roasted roots, apple sauce and red wine gravy, as well as roast chicken, roast beef and a vegetarian option with strips of vegetarian sausage.
• Halloween-themed goodies
You may also want to watch:
If you enjoy themed food, you won't want to miss the offerings at And Eat It on Norwich Market this month. The stall is going to have a whole host of Halloween goodies, including a monster hot chocolate topped with spooky sweets and sprinkles.
• Fried apple pie
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
Figbar's menu was already off the charts, but their new addition for Autumn is something else. Chef Jamie Garbutt has done it again, creating a plated dessert comprised of fried apple pie, cider apple vinegar pastille, rice pudding, smoked maple butterscotch and pecan shortbread and salted miso ice cream.
• Pumpkin spice everything
Craving pumpkin spice in a form other than a latte? You can get your fix on Norwich market by dropping by Katie's Cake Box. The stall has whipped up a range of Autumnal treats including chocolate pumpkin spice cupcakes, pumpkin spice macarons and pumpkin spice caramel brownies.
• Spooky macarons
If Halloween is your favourite time of year you won't want to miss the upcoming range of spooktacular macarons from Macarons and More in the Royal Arcade. The patisserie is devising a devilish selection, which will include fiendish fingers.
• Black forest Hot Chocolate
As the weather cools off, there's nothing quite like warming up with a hot drink and the new selection at Aroma on Upper King Street features a decadent black forest hot chocolate. If you'd prefer coffee over chocolate, they've also got seasonal gingerbread lattes.
• Meat, cheese, olives, oh my!
Louis Deli in the heart of the Norwich Lanes have just launched new sharing platters, created using a range of local and continental ingredients. Current offerings include cheese, meat, fish and mixed.
• Got a great foodie suggestion for the next list? Email email@example.com